FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:32 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Geneva

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Strange situation here. Standard rooms were only available with points. You could not buy one. You could only buy executive on up. I called to ask why and was told that the hotel is required to hold 2 rooms for points bookings, but had sold out the rest of the standard rooms to a big conference. So I had to buy an Exec. I was upgraded to a Deluxe Exec with lake view which to me was more like an Executive Corner Suite. I think I would have gotten the same upgrade with a standard booking, but oh well.

How are the rooms?
All new and very nicely appointed. Possibly the best IC rooms in Europe. The only issue is with soundproofing the windows facing the road. As has always been the case here going back to the early days of GSM, you can pick up Orange France in the upper floors. And now, Orange has turned on 4G! So while the Wifi was limited to 2Mbps, I got 8Mbps from the French 4G service.

How is the Club Lounge?
No Club here.

What was your welcome gift?
A high end box of Swiss chocolate.

How was the mini-bar?
Louis Roederer Champagne and the rest of the usual selection.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Two apples.

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
Excellent new rooms
Nice bar with good spirits and great service.
It seems all the WC matches are shown in the rooms and the bar (during bar hours).

BAD
- a bit of street noise through the windows

Value for SFr or Points?
Expensive, but worth it.

Would you return?
Yes.