FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just got 2 seats in F on JFK-DXB-BKK all on A380 for wife and I ~ maximize enjoyment
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:47 pm
hungarianhc

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Just got 2 seats in F on JFK-DXB-BKK all on A380 for wife and I ~ maximize enjoyment

Hey all!

Okay I know there are a few threads out there on the A380 / seat map, etc, but I'm REALLY excited to say that I just used Alaska miles to get 2x first class tickets on JFK-DXB, 5 day stopover, and DXB-BKK... All on the A380! This is for my wife and I... I have some questions...

- Any general advice to maximize the experience?
- What is the lounge like at JFK? Is it nice enough that I should bother getting there pretty early?
- If you were me, would you skip the lounge food in order to enjoy more food on the plane
- Shower... must do, right? Like.. on both flights?
- Chauffeur service - we don't need this in JFK as we'll be staying at an airport hotel the night before, but what about in DXB to get picked up for our flight to BKK? Will they drop us off at our hotel in DXB? How do we coordinate this?
- For my wife and I to sit together, should we grab the two middle seats? That's what I did just a few minutes ago, but should I have gotten us two windows back to back? Or a window and an aisle? Do let me know!

I dunno - let me know if you have any other tips for maximizing our two experiences!!!