FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor Quality Fingerprints Scan During the GE/TSA PreCheck Interview
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:23 am
Nirvana91

Global Entry: Cannot Get Full Fingerprints on Right Hand?

Hi all,

I tried looking for similar threads and came up empty, so here goes...

My wife and I have a lot of travel (both domestic and international) coming up in the next 12 months so we are really interested in getting Global Entry/TSA Pre. I am a little worried though, because I am pretty sure I will not be able to get a full set of fingerprints on my right hand. I have recently developed some pretty bad eczema on my right hand and the fingerprint lines on my right pinky and ring finger are clearly going to be unreadable (the fingerprints on those fingers are essentially gone). I have been trying to clear this condition with a dermatologist but nothing has been working so far.

So my question: is this going to affect my ability to enroll in Global Entry? I do not want to apply and then find out I wasted $100 (plus if I am unable to get it, it's sort of pointless for my wife to enroll, so essentially $200 down the drain).

Can I simply use my left hand for the fingerprints, or does it always have to be the right, or maybe both? In my whole life, I can only remember using my right hand for fingerprints (when I was a child, for past international travel scanners, etc.), but can I just use my left? Or is there some other option?