FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PDB improvements coming on mid/transcon flights
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:56 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
PDB doesn't matter a whole lot to me, especially since I don't drink, but I don't understand how they came up with the idea to restrict it to certain flights based on flight length....you would think it would be just the opposite. On flights with a shorter in-flight time where there is normally LESS time to serve beverages, you would think it would make more sense to offer PDB service.

Either way, it's good to see AS trying catch up with what just about every other carrier has been doing for years. Given the relatively early boarding times I've seen with AS flights, you would think they would have been first to offer PDB...except for delayed flights, they certainly have the most time for it.

As a side note, after watching the crumbling of the UA Mileage Plus program, I don't care if I never see another PDB or in-flight cookie or warm towel in F.....I am MORE than happy to have made the switch from UA to AS this year....I love this airline and it will continue to my #1 choice.