FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA flight DFW-HKG-DFW experiences, questions
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:56 am
iadp

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Starting Summer 2014

Some observations from AA137 on 6/13.

Big scramble to pull out of DFW on time. We ended up leaving 5 minutes late. Ground crew was pushing hard to get folks seated. Almost to the point it made me think they have bonuses attached to on-time departures. I really have no idea.

First failed SWU in my AA lifetime. J inventory looked good at T-2 days. Still reading through other threads to see if my first leg from DCA also numbered 137 could be the root cause.

MCE isn't bad. Decent seat with pitch. Width is lacking. The main cabin looks incredibly tight. I'm surprised the aisles aren't considered a safety hazard. AVOD is ok with a good amount of content. I found the UI to be counterintuitive.

Wifi didn't work for the first ~3 hours. Technically wifi worked but couldn't connect to any networks outside the aircraft. I slept for 6 hours and found it working when I woke up. $19 charged for the full flight. Works great for text based applications.

First meal, lunch, was standard coach chicken or beef. I saw another MCE pax with beef- totally red including the outside (yikes). I had chicken and it was enough to hold me over until I can get to The Wing at HKG. Only 2 drinks served and a bottle of water. I didn't hound them for more.

Lots of Y pax using the J restrooms at the back of J. Ditto for J pax using Y restrooms.

Looks like we'll arrive just about on time. Will report back with anything of interest. Hopefully the inbound is an improvement.