FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued ABTC/APEC Business Travel Card: Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:39 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
Anyone here able to set out the benefits of getting an APEC travel card?

also, my understanding is that each country has to clear on your application . . . I am guessing "conditional" approval means that you meet criteria from US side, but will need to get approval from each APEC country within the required time frame.
Pre-clearance has been discussed last month in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...iscussion.html thread. There is no evidence suggesting that US and Canadian ABTC will be pre-cleared by other countries. In other words, if you normally need a visa, you will need to obtain one in your passport.

US and Canadian ABTC will only give you access to crew/diplomatic lanes and even that is questionable according to another FT member as some countries may not let you use dedicated lane if the ABTC was not pre-cleared (carries endorsement of that country).

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I would have left that out personally as it is not required (I have one issued by a nationality that does not qualify for GE/NEXUS but it doesn't affect my ability to get APEC.)
I'm considering this as further evidence that it is the Canadian citizenship that is hiding the button for for mikef11. Wouldn't be surprise if/when CBSA announces application process open for ABTC, the button would appear. I'm speculating when programming the website for ABTC, CBP forgot about US/Canadian dual citizens and does not have code in place to handle these individuals in allowing them to specify whether they are applying for US or Canadian ABTC.

Originally Posted by penlin
I went to the JFK GOES processing center to have my signature taken, and they first had no idea what I was talking about, then once a supervisor?? got involved, they figured out what needed to be done, but none of the Pc's had the requisite electronic signature capturing apparatus attached so they had to first go find it and then they realized that no one in the office knew how to install it. An hour later I was asked to come back another day once they had someone come in and install the signature pad installed onto the PC... Sigh.. My morning wasted...
Thanks for reporting it in...

CBP....facepalm

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 23, 2023 at 10:01 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.