FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:35 pm
chokdee

The debacle that this deal has produced and the divisions within various OTA's ,even those under the same umbrella, has made me ponder whether we should start a OTA ^'s up and 's thread. Evidently not all OTA's it would appear are the same even when they are part of the same company.

I have had reservations honoured by orbitz, but not by little brother ebookers, although I await with baited breath as to whether one of my 2 reservations at the Mill might still be honoured! Then we have Laterooms and Booking.com who on recent form came out as expected with a ''no can do''. Booking.com in the past seemed to have a little muscle and stand up for their customers but in recent times they seem to have become more akin to a ''wet-lettuce.com''.

My reservation with Expedia stands firm and in common with Orbitz I have found that Expedia have on the whole championed the customers corner, although of course there will be exceptions to this rule.

There are then the zillions of other ''smaller'' OTA's that we deal with.

So it's all a bit of a minefield out there and nothing is set in stone. However if enough people were to report back on their ''hit and miss'' OTA's the next time another Millennium deal came along it might at least give people an incline as to which OTA might be their best bet .

Just a thought that might at least make the mistake lottery a tad more predictable

NB

I have just re read my post and what I am referring to is not an OTA bashing thread ,just one that gives a guideline ,more of a basic mistake rate ''best chance'' thread. Many OTA's offer great promotional rates and do a fine job. The last thing we want is a ''bashing thread''.Anotherwords keep it simple and keep it civil.

Last edited by chokdee; Jun 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm