FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:17 pm
21A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.3; Nexus 5 Build/KTU84M) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.138 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by voucherflyer915
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if you could help me determine if I was charged the right taxes. I used a voucher from an earlier denied boarding situation to buy a flight from IAH-DFW-ELP.

The ticket counter that processed the purchase was an Eagle location (Hobby airport) and they had no idea what they were doing… it took them about an hour to figure it out, but I was afraid of the voucher being lost in the mail for such a high amount. (almost $1000)

I thought these kinds of tickets were exempt from some taxes? The breakdown they gave me was:

Fare 227.90
US 17.10
ZP 16.00
XT 26.50
Total $287.50.

Is that correct? That was the same price if I had paid for my ticket online with a credit card.

I fly this route tomorrow and was going to ask the counter when I check-in, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
Give the Refunds department a call -- they should be able to adjust this for the taxes that should have been exempted.