FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:55 pm
IncyWincy

Originally Posted by sam_goh
There's one in the kitchen of the lounge. We had asked to see if we could reheat some cold stuff we got from Selfridges last night as we were out on Oxford while the evening canapes was going on. My wife came up rather sheepishly with two of the club lounge employees with full silver/plate/white napkin presentation of our food. That's service above and beyond!
Thank you Osakawino and Sam_goh on whether there is a microwave.
But Sam_goh I am afraid I did not understand your post above. Did you get to use the lounge microwave (in the kitchen)?

Osakawino, your posts are very informative. Thank you.

There are seldom microwaves in top hotel rooms (except in some suites such as Grand Hyatt Beijing, Andaz Fifth and more often ski lodges, in my experience) but I do find a microwave very helpful, not to heat up a substantial dish or a meal but for things like hot chocolate (!), reheating some tea (!) or soup, when one is up late, eg, jet-lagged. Or sometimes a small pastry. There is no reason to go through the trouble of ordering room service, which does not serve the purpose when you just want "a bite". I can understand that microwaves are not entirely necessary or consistent with the theme in a top hotel so they are not usually there. A microwave in the lounge does not help in the scenario of staying up late and need only a small bite but I asked the question since I was reading the suggestion of buying some food from Selfridges.