FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points Devaluation" thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:15 pm
hginPHL

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
During 2013, I was able to more equally split my stays between Hilton and Marriott and was Diamond/Platinum respectfully. This year, due to some corporate rates my company has, and the MISERABLE affordable properties in Waikiki in the Marriott brand (Courtyard Waikiki, I'm looking at you!), I have already made Diamond plus some at Hilton and only have 21 nights with Marriott.

When I am not in HI, I check Hilton and Marriott rates wherever I travel. 9 times out of 10, the Hiltons price out significantly cheaper. So, I stay with Hilton. For instance, this week I am at the Doubletree Club at SNA for $139 and the Courtyard across the street was $199. Don't even get me started that my normal Doubletree here at SNA (not this "club" DT) is not participating in this quarter's promo...

So.. I guess for me, if the prices and availability were the same, I would be sending most of my business to Marriott. But I can't justify the price differences just for the sake of getting Marriott nights just to spite Hilton.