FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:21 pm
uncommonsensical

Originally Posted by sechs
This being the only Simon mall in the area, I'm sure that they get hammered (thus the paperwork requirement). I figure becoming a known regular buyer would work better than just being someone who comes in and randomly buys a lot.
actually, buying what they perceive to be a lot of these is looked upon with suspicion at my mall, period. the form has to be filled out and DL given and # written on form for any amount, $1000+, and also requires they call their manager for approval. max of $2500/day.

the 3rd trip the agent called the manager with 'one of those guys is back wanting to buy the limit again'- but it was approved. the 4th trip i was told that if i wanted to buy $1000 or more, i would have to come in during the day and talk to the manager. i am a realist, and i understand that traveling over 40 miles RT to busy a mall to buy $10,000/month (or whatever) in mall branded gc's looks a bit suspicious.

sometimes it's easy to get caught up in these things; looking for a better deal. ya know: oooh, $2.95- i'm so there. without thinking of time, gas, hassle, etc. when i was driving back from the 4th trip it dawned on me- this is costing me more than even a $4.95 at cvs that's 2 minutes away and i just wasted over 2 hours of my day, when i also have ppower for free that's closer, univision at a profit, etc etc... what am i, stupid? answer was, of course: yep.