FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:11 pm
peetahvw

Before I head to bed a early impressions/thoughts;

- the building is really as amazing and meets up to the hype, particularly the spa/pool area.
- as diamond I was upgraded to a suite - suites do appear to be tucked into the corners of the building
- diamonds can take a breakfast (6:30 to 10) in "the bank", or room service
- diamond amenity was a bowl of fruit in the room - no beverage, nothing special
- internet speeds are pretty bad - on the wired connection I'm averaging 1.2mbps down and 3.5 mbps up
- the rooms are dead-quiet, i'm on the first floor (european first) right above the street and with the double set of windows I can't hear a thing. The room doors are really thick as well
- there is a TON of automation in the room including shades/lights being set as soon as you enter/exit
- staff is excellent, some are from Hyatt Cologne - there was a soft opening over the weekend (May 30th) prior to the Life Ball
- there seem to be a lot of curosity seekers roaming the bars/halls - there is a pride amongst the staff of the opening today
- as part of opening there wasn an invitation to a drink in the "Pearl" bar - interistingly the Pearl bar was also offering select free drinks to those coming in off the street not just to guests
- the "Bank" restauarnt is an absolutly stunning space
- the "Pearl" is an ok space - but their cocktail menu is pretty solid (and mid-tier priced 9-13 euro). Absolutly worth trying is the "Willet Burn" for bourbon fans.
- there is valet parking under the hotel
- there is a "hidden" set of elevators to the left of the check-in desk - very convienent for those in rooms in the "rear" of the building
- no expernse seems spared in the public spaces - the floor of conference rooms is stunning in wood and marble, although to my eyes the spaces seem very small (but they are plentiful)
- the pool/spa really is the highlight of the building. The pool is literally the old vault (there is the vault door in the spa receiption area overlooking the pool). With a quirky nod to its previous use it appears they designed the pool with "gold bar" tile. The changing rooms all feature a sauna, steam room, and rain/ice shower.
- there were only minor service issues to be expected at any opening - phones don't work, some hotspots aren't working, safes were still locked. But staff was always quick to address.
- the only complaint my wife and I can really think of in our sleep-deprived state is some doors are push some doors are pull and its not always labeled/clear which is which so sometimes you may tug needlessly and look silly (how's that for a nit)

More to come, but an early flight tomorrow...(ironcially staying at the CitizenM for their opening...)