FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EATS menu now available only on flights 2 hours/900 miles or longer
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:10 pm
Bagels

Originally Posted by javabytes
The snack boxes, Pringles, etc. are now only available on flights >900 miles, up from 600. I don't remember what the fresh food minimums are, but I thought they have always been 1400 miles.
Like I said, I do not know how DL caters its aircraft & flights, but the non-perishable snack items are generally available on most mainline flights, regardless of stated durations. DL sent me a ton of coupons good for a non-perishable snack items (after I complained about my ATL/HNL Y flights being sold with meal service) that expired at the end of last year ... so in the final weeks of the year, I redeemed them on flights from DTW to places like BWI and GRR. I still have a couple in my pantry.

I can't imagine any FF desiring to purchases these boxes on a regular basis. The "TAPAS" box was just bad IMO and the "TREATS" box consisted of items you'd put in your child's lunch over the course of the week. And at $9, they're not exactly a great value. Even the $3 can of Pringles can be purchased for $1 at CVS everyday, even in high priced markets like Los Angeles.

To me, the non-perishable snack items would seem to appeal toward the casual flyer ... not the FF.