FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Negotiating a 3-month stay
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2014, 8:55 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Taxation rules as a transient hotel guest vs. resident are not relevant to earning of SPG points: those terms are set by SPG.

Posters above cited the SPG limit 90 days or less for earning points, not 30.
I acknowledged that I was wrong about the 30 day limit before you posted whats the pt to your post? Never said taxation or any other rules has anything to do with earning pts. Its very possible that a hotel will not set up a 2 month or 3month res due to other things besides SPG earning credit

eg I was at a Courtyard the other night where besides getting pts as a welcome gift I get a 2nd choice as well. I usually will grab a Sam Adams from the mkt. Not so simple in NJ, where each hotel needs to have a liquor license of which the State has only x amount of. then each County has its own laws = for my stays in May, no beer at CY 1 they have a TGIF attached who has the license so they dont have any liquor within the hotel itself, CY 2 no problems, CY3 the liquor belongs to the Bristro and by County law they cant give it to me as my 2nd choice yet I can get a coffee in the morn from them there as the gift, CY 4 no liqour license

So could be China has no rules and you can have a 3 month res , or could be that City or Region has laws not allowing it, even thou The Country allows it, that was my pt even with a 80 day res. It can AOK with SPG but that isnt enough