FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2014, 4:37 pm
newuser0

Originally Posted by silver4300
The problem with $$ cushion is that everything becomes so tight after a couple months. Thin windows of time to make payments and you can't have any funds sitting around. Quick loads/unloads then raises the risk of shutdown. Anxious questions like "how long until the MO clears and I get access? I need it by tomorrow!" raises suspicion. Its not just the GC fees, its also late payments, perish the thought. The main problem, however, is there is no cushion. When (not if) a $500-$1000 problem occurs, the MSer starts to get in financial trouble. A card is not activated, a card is lost, a prepaid shuts ya down and holds the funds etc.

I started MS slow with little savings and found it very stressful. I was always worrying about the next shoe to drop. I was anxious at each transaction because I needed this to go through. I decided to save save save to the point I have a cushion of about 10% of my monthly MS. MSing is now a lot more enjoyable. Going 4 for 7 on a day is now just a bit annoying. I live in a semi-rural area and my route takes me through some beautiful country. Its a great drive and I rock out to my favorite tunes. I know most cashiers and we are all friendly. Most of the time, MS is actually enjoyable now.

Do an excel chart of MS monetary assets - MS monetary liability. If you come out even you are skating on thin ice - imo. If you come out negative you are out of control.
I am pretty much same in your situation too. Even I started with low investment and hoping to gradually get well in this game. Even, I live in rural area, and it's pretty much enjoyable to MS here especially when I see, no competition for OV cards, MO (Most of the time my WM MO will be empty, no time wasting in queue) . I any how need to go to walmart for groceries, so it's not that I am going for only MS purposes. Also friendly advises from this forum adds up & makes this a lot of enjoyable experience.