FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 29, 2014, 12:14 pm
sam_goh

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Thanks for the update on your stay. You are staying with two kids, are your kids over the age of 12? I have been told that the hotel will charge you an extra 50 GBP per day for kids staying with you that are 12+ in age.....

I'm staying at the Churchill in August with my 15 year old son and want to know if this extra charge per night is true?
No problems, yell if you have any more questions. My kids are 4 + 9, so I am unsure of the 50 GBP extra rate. When I originally tried to book this hotel, they wouldn't even consider 2 + 2 in any room, including the base suites. Think only an executive suite+ (and there's a royal) allow for that. None of which are bookable by points. It was only via GHP Europe, that they allowed a compromise and booked a regular suite noting our family in the notes.

Although, when we checked in, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to an executive for 120 GBP a day extra to be more comfortable and it wasn't entirely clear to the check-in staff what the notes were. Our kids still sleep with us so rollaway or not it still would have been fine. If there are any extra charges at check-out I will update.

Re: balconies - it's only 9th floor. Regular suite rooms I believe are smaller too, but there are executive and higher suites here that have balconies that are very much bigger. Executive is nearly double (?) in size.