FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General list of Codes and Promos (Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelZoo, Etc.)
Old May 29, 2014, 6:31 am
gil123

I have been doing a fair amount of hotel booking lately, using and comparing among others Orbitz (due to combination of BRG and other Orbucks cash along with 15% off lately), Cheaptickets (always at least 20% off but sometimes 25%) and ebookers.de (20% off) and what is interesting (to me anyway) is that even though all are Orbitz companies with the exact same booking engine, not only do the discount levels vary but often the base rates and in some cases taxes do as well. I am not talking about a few cents due to exchange rate variations but significant dollars. And not only do some ebookers.de rates vary from their mobile site to their full site but so too do the "Hotel Steuern & Gebühren"- which makes me some of that is really Orbitz booking fees not just actual hotel taxes and fees. Well I have been improving my German in any case.

Originally Posted by gil123
Also, the 20% code posted on the WIKI for .de site still works and I have gotten some good use out of that one (less restrictive dates than codes on most US sites) so thanks to whoever posted that. Another thing I didn't realize is that ebookers.de (and seems to be the case for .com as well) posts lower prices for certain hotels on mobile versions of the site. Never occurred to me to book on my phone because I find it a PITA but there are some exclusive discounts that don't show up on the full site, and the same codes work as well. I will have to start checking mobile sites too more often