FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach 3 - 25
Old May 27, 14, 2:58 pm
abitlost

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
I just received an email from Orbitz about my prepaid, non-cancellable (by customer) rate. The company would like nearly U$D1,500 for my week-long stay in a junior suite and is claiming that that is a special rate. As a courtesy, the hotel is holding my room for a whole three days; I am deeply touched by the property's generosity. While I booked my upcoming $150-ish NYC-LIN//BCN-KUL trip around the Millennium dates I booked, I can't really feign outrage over the cancellation. The idea of a hotel not wanting to lose a lot of money isn't totally unreasonable. So decisions, decisions on paying up nearly $1,500...just kidding, I'd so much rather go back to Sabah than back to Patong but couldn't refuse an $8 rate for a seemingly solid, aside from at filing rates, hotel. I really hope people didn't book non-refundable flights at normative rates around this deal.

Even though this looks quite unlikely to work out in my case, I applaud Chokdee for finding and sharing the deal.

Last edited by abitlost; May 27, 14 at 3:19 pm Reason: forgot thanks to original poster