FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2014, 2:00 pm
LittleYHZ

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by Allvest
How is this for treating your SE?

Online checked in at t-23 with eupgrade on Waitlist. 1 exec seat available. No LMU offered. When I went to check my bag no exec seat. "Someone bought it, sir". I said "for 3300$?" She says "no sir they are only 199$ for LMU.

Am I pissed? You betcha!

You are letting any tom, dick and Harry ahead buy a seat and don't even bother to offer it for purchase on checkin to someone on the upgrade list? Is that supposed to punish us for requesting Waitlist upgrades?

That is not what I call loyalty management.

M
This reminds me - And prompts me to ask a question - And I think this is an area which Air Canada leaves money on the table.

The way the system is set up - and I have had this happen several times - is for LMU (which I do buy when I run out of credits), to not be possible at all, on ANY segment once you e-upgrade 1 segment.

I was flying to Vancouver and I had 6 credits left (flex) LMU was available on check in for both legs. So I didn't finish the checkin, went into the eupgrade and secured an upgrade from Halifax to YVR. ( All of this happened in one minute) Then I went to checkin. Error. Error. Error. Wouldn't sell the LMU (this has happened a couple of times.) So there I am couldnt buy the $500 LMU on YYZ ->YVR because I'd eupgraded YHZ-> YYZ. So instead of getting $500 from me, Air Canada got $0.00 and I flew economy. The real kicker is YYZ->YVR was upped to a 767 and the business cabin flew 50% empty.

Bringing me to my point. You should fix the system. Its costing you money.