FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Increased award availability requiring married segments / connections
Old May 19, 2014, 2:21 pm
Bonehead
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It would appear that you are having married sector issues

Doing a search of MAF-DEN , the only though availability would seem to be departing MAF at 0600 , 17:40 and 19:05. All the other connections are showing Y0 on DFW-DEN

Checking just DFW-DEN as a standalone booking , there is plenty of availability, so as 2 discrete bookings, no issue

Doing a dummy booking online, AA2544 connecting to AA1620 is showing at 25k miles plus $5 quite successfully

Which flights were you trying to book?

It isn't bookable as a through fare with cash though since it is Y0 on DFW-DEN. checking on aa.com , other than the times I mentioned, the booking engine shows "unavailable" for economy

1st class is available though
I'm after AA369, which is now unavailable in Y but was available earlier today. The website still shows it as available for a 25k Y AAnytime award, although I can't get to the actual point of booking it due to the trapping of duplicate reservations (I have a refundable FC seat on that flight).

It would take someone (an EXP maybe) to try a dummy booking on that flight to see if the AAnytime Y award is actually bookable at this point.