FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO-MSP going RJ?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2014, 3:35 am
DXjr

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by FlyingNut724
In my experience the Barbie jets are likely to get cancelled because of weather at the drop of a hat. The last time I tried to fly a barbie jet home was DEN-EGE. It started snowing and the flight was cancelled. When I drove the rental car to EGE to pick up my own car parked at EGE, the AA 757s and DL 757s had just arrived.
There's no difference in the minimums (which are VERY high, by the way) to get into EGE between mainline or regional. Where there IS a difference, is timing. The ATL and DFW flights will already have been airborne before the planning even started on the DEN-EGE flight. Thus, since it's a short flight, the DEN-EGE flight will have one of two things stacked against it; namely, a weather forecast that doesn't allow the flight to depart, or the current weather at the airport is below minimums, which doesn't allow the flight to depart.

In your case, it's highly probable that a new forecast came out that would have prevented departure for several hours, so to keep the schedule, the only logical choice was to cancel this EGE flight.