FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report - a crazy week: DUS-CDG-SIN-HKG-SIN-CDG-DUS on AF P and J, SQ J and CX J
Old May 17, 2014, 1:07 am
olivedel

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
HKG to SIN with Cathay Pacific Business (747 upper deck)

While Goldorak was using the Airtrain, from Hong Kong island to get to the airport, I used the Limousine Service from the Sheraton Hong Kong Towers in Kowloon.

After a 30-min drive, I got to the terminal and directed myself to one of the Business Class check-in desk.

I asked my luggage to be tagged to my final destination showing my AF e-ticket to DUS. This was done immediately without trouble. (AF this is an example of what you SHOULD do, especially for Elite Plus travelers!). I was invited to use one of the CX lounges airside.

I quickly crossed security and immigration and had a quick stroll around duty free before heading to the lounge.

http://www.flyerplan.com/wp-content/...9840324752.jpg

The CX lounge I used was in a basement location. It featured a very long bar and a selection of hot and cold items.

The lounge itself has been covered in a couple of TRs, so I will only post a couple of pictures below.

After 2 hours, an announcement was made in the lounge to board my flight to SIN. I got to the gate and they just started boarding premium passengers.

I was one of the first onboard and quickly went upstairs to reach my seat. It was the old config, with the Cirrus Herringbone seat.

The load on the upstairs J class was around 30%.

While it was reasonably comfortable, the fact that I had to turn my head 90° to see outside was really bothering. Also, even if there is enough legroom, the flat position is not OK for my big feet!

The IFE was good, content the same as in Y though, but the screen was way bigger:

Service was good and relaxed as I liked it. They came with several rounds of welcome drinks while we were waiting for boarding to finish.

The menu:

The wine list:

They first served drinks with warm nuts. I chose a Chivas whiskey:

Then came the Halibut appetizer, very fresh:

Afterwards, I chose the chicken entree. It was pretty bland, lacking taste:

Ice cream was very much welcomed as a desert, with the appropriate Port & Coffee:

After service, time went by really quickly and after a short nap, we were already in the middle of our descent to SIN.
As I called the night before the local AF desk, a buggy was waiting for me at the gate to drive me to the CIP terminal. I had to cross immigration to reach the lounge as it is airside. I joined Goldorak who came in one hour before.