FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report - a crazy week: DUS-CDG-SIN-HKG-SIN-CDG-DUS on AF P and J, SQ J and CX J
Old May 17, 2014, 12:41 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Air France La Première (P) ground experience at CDG

An AF agent from the P lounge was waiting for us at the plane door and the nice limousine was waiting for us at the foot of the plane to drive us to the P lounge.

Our driver enquired about our intentions for the day as she noticed our very long layover and so she was wondering if we wanted to go to Paris rather than staying all day at the lounge. We replied instantly saying that we don’t care about Paris but we do care a lot about the lounge !

After a nice stroll in CDG installations in our limo, it was time to get to the lounge. Our car parked in a small lot close to the red lounge entry.

There is a private security for La Première passengers, and then an elevator to the lounge. Despite we were arriving from Schengen, we had to clear security there as the lounge does not differentiate Schengen/non-Schengen pax. That’s a minor inconvenient when you fly P !!! Our hostess walks us to the seats we picked inside the lounge. As our layover was very long, she waved us goodbye as one of her colleagues will take over for our flight to SIN several hours later.
As we settled into the lounge, one of the very professional waiters came to take drink orders. As catering in the lounge is supervised by Alain Ducasse, all the waiters also work in his restaurants, so you can expect a 3-star Michelin service.
Of course, olivedel and I could not resist a glass of Champagne Rosé along with a set of amuse-bouche and the best saucisson of the world ^, (olivedel accused me later-on to have eaten the entire saucisson, but this is pure invention, I swear ).

It was my 4th or 5th visit in this lounge but the 1st one for olivedel, so we went for a little lounge explore session afterwards :

After having set appointments for a massage (to leave behind all the stress we accumulated since the beginning of this trip ), olivedel and I seated in the dining area to get lunch. A very nice lunch as you can see below:

The foie gras is just unbelievable. After our appetizer and main meal, olivedel went to his massage appointment while I was having dessert. I then returned to my seat waiting for my massage appointment.

The massage was very nice, gentle but firm. The after shower was very relaxing, optimal before such a long flight.
After getting some work done, I dozed off for a while in the rest area.

After a nice hour of sleep, we returned to the main lounge area, and it was deserted by now:

We went separately in the terminal 2E – K gates to see how was the condition of bad people flying Y, W or J and to make eventually some duty-free shopping. Back in the lounge, we answered a detailed survey on the new arrival lounge AF is considering and to thank us AF offered us a nice AF-branded toiletry kit and a Le Tanneur leather wallet ^.
It was time for another glass of champagne rosé, and another foie gras slice . We wanted to have a very light snack as we also wanted to experience onboard service fully.
Time went by really quickly in the lounge, and soon our new host and driver came to tell us we would be boarding soon. Our flight was boarding in the L concourse, so it was a limousine boarding again!
We took the elevator to the limo parking lot and got a brand new SUV.

Our driver called the gate agents to board us on the gate computer.

Last edited by Goldorak; May 17, 2014 at 1:30 am Reason: correct typo