FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old May 16, 2014, 7:17 am
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by tgeek89
Hi all! Long time reader but first time poster. I hope all of you can help me with some advice I need.

BRG was approved for a hotel in my travel partners name. Hotel I assume did not approve the free room so IHG is sending me a check. The issue at hand is that I want to pay for the hotel room with my CC(diff name,address etc) because my CC has no Foreign transaction fees(hers does) and I want the points. I have asked IHG numerous times does the primary name on the reservation and check being sent have to match the payment method and name on the CC in order to keep the brg valid and they have not given me a straight yes or no answer. Personally I can't see it being an issue as long as the final folio says its paid. I don't think it would show the credit card name on the bill. Can anyone confirm or deny if the bill would show that. Do you think I should have my friend pay it to be on the safe side or I should be ok?

Thanks in advance

I've had my additional guest pay for the stay and I still got the reimbursement. But I only done it once and it was ok.