FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tricks to become "targeted" by AMEX
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2014, 12:29 pm
tylergupku

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Hi folks, I know that that the current offer for the Amex Platinum Business Card is for 40,000 MR. However, it is pretty easy to get the 100,000MR offer over the phone. I have done it myself successfully, and have had two friends do it similarly and each also successfully, but YMMV nonetheless. Here are the steps that I took:

1. I called 1-800-971-6736, and chose option #1, "Apply for a new card"

The conversation then went like this:

Me: I would like to apply for the Platinum Business Card. However, a few months ago I got an offer that has since expired. I was wondering if I could still apply and get the bonus that was offered to me?

CSR: Let me see what I can do for you. Do you still have the RSVP code?

Me: No, but I remember the offer. It was for 100,000MR after spending at least $10,000 within the first three months

CSR: That should be no problem. As a courtesy I can extend you that same offer whereby you would get 100,000MR after spending $10,000 or more within the first three months.

At this juncture I applied, as did my two friends. I would note that my friends had never received the special offer, and that they had previously had the Platinum Biz Card (cancelled 13-14 months ago in their case).

The courtesy offer from the CSR is also not tied somehow to your phone number, as I did a subsequent trial run anonymising (*67-ing) my number and giving a fictitious name.

In other words, I believe anybody should be able to call up and get this offer with relative ease. If you are waiting for an offer, and have had the card previously, I would suggest trying this method as come May 1st or whenever the once-a-lifetime-bonus-rule kicks-in, you may very well be SoL.

Happy application!
Approved, spent and points received