FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates, worst service even before the flight. Advice needed.
Old May 12, 2014, 4:51 pm
Out1and3r

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Hi and welcome to FT.

Can you please elaborate more on those changes, including where/from these tickets were, how you booked them, and how were you informed of the date changes.

This is a first, I have never head of an airline shifting flight dates on a confirmed itinerary, let alone twice, including being advised to shift travel dates altogether!
Hi edy4eva,

Tickets were bought in 2 December 2013 and the initial flight date was 27 of May 2014. I bought tickets through Emirates website. Destination: Auckland(New Zealand) - Dubai - Kiev(Ukraine).
Changes:
1. They changed the flight time from Auckland to Dubai. Not really important to me so I even didn't mention this first time. They called me and informed about the change.
2. Flight Dubai - Kiev was changed from 27 May(don't remember exact time but can double check if needed) to 5PM 28 May. So my overall stay in Dubai instead of couple of hours became 34 hours. As the stay was more than 24 hours Emirates doesn't provide the hotel and I have to apply for visa. This change was made silently. No calls or emails. I found it out when I was checking the tickets on the website.
3. Return flight was changed from 17 June to 18 June. Silently again. No notifications.
4. Time for Dubai - Kiev flight was changed for several hours forward. No notifications.
5. Time for my back flight was changed for couple hours earlier. But this isn't important for me.

After a second change I was checking the flight once a week so I noticed all other changes.

First,second and third changes were done in the end March, last two changes were done in the beginning of May.