FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2014, 12:23 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by bruce80
+1

While I really enjoy the special atmosphere (and the more comfortable seats) in the bar, I also believe that it's quite a waste of space. They could easily seal off the part with the armchairs to the left of the C entrance by glass walls to have a smoking section (much like LH does, for example, in DUS), then remove the bar (or at least make it smaller, what's the point of having "the largest attended lounge bar in the world" when it's only staffed by a single person let alone the quality of the drinks served here) and use the space gained by this measure as an additional non-smoking seating area.
Good point. Actually, I don't mind the "smoking" part much - rarely if ever I get annoyed by the smoke (usually it's empty enough you can just sit away from any smoker, if there is any..)

I really think they should:

a) Make about 3/4 of the area smoke free. One edge can be a smokers lounge, or something like that, I wouldn't mind at all.

b) Improve the drinks/bar standards. LH can do it. (I really like the bar they've in the B area, and also the new one in A26 is pretty good)

Both measurements together would definitely bring a small but much needed additional space to the lounge.

Don't punish the smokers, just do improvements that both will benefit from