FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014
Old May 8, 2014, 8:03 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Given that the typical maximum summer offer is 45K points for very frequent travelers, and people complained endlessly about the certs, what should Marriott have offered as a lower level offer that would have made less frequent stayers happy?

I stay about 20 paid hotel nights per year. 2 5-7 day vacations per year( burn certs/points) + 1-2 work trips of 4 days or so, a scattering of park and fly's or overnights, and a few weekend stays.

for me hotel promos is a big driver.

The certs have gotten devalued with the category changes.

I wouldnt mind instead of the 2 stays/free cert for it to be something like 2 stays get 10K-20K pts. The point a mounts for the 2 stays could be linked to some formula based on the category the hotel is. If you did 2 stays at a cat 5+ you would get more points than if the 2 stays were at a cat 3.

Originally Posted by GoingGal
My offer is slightly different than what I've seen in this thread so far: Earn 20,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 10,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights, up to 30,000 bonus points.

i think an IHG rep has come over to Marriott. To many different promos.

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I loved the certificates, but an amazing number of people griped about them. I don't travel much and got the double points offer. I won't be staying at Marriott, except to use my two Cat 5 certificates in Boulogne (Paris), which now is a Cat 6. So four $100 hotel nights garnered me roughly $500 in free hotel rooms. That's not a very desirable economic model from Marriott's standpoint.

My wife got the Stay 15 get 25,, stay 20 get 35k. She earned 25,000 with the last Megabonus and will likely earn the 35k this time. By the end of the year she should have about 300,000 points. Combined with my 50k, that gives her enough points for a good travel package. As long as they don't devalue, we aren't complaining, and my wife will book her 20 Marriott nights.

the griping has been with the categories going up....thus devaluation the certs. in many locations you dont have a decent place to use them.

I would like to see promos where they grant a free stay at any hotel ---no restrictions.

the issue with this promo is that its talking of not rewarding it right from the start but double points starting from the third stay. I think it would be more tolerable if they did it from the start of the stays

My gut feeling is I think there will be some targetted promos based on division of Marriott like 2 stays at a Fairfield you get 5,000 bonus points, 2 stays at Courtyard you get 10,000 bonus points.