Old May 8, 14, 9:31 am
sfo3388

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by jazzhou View Post
Thanks. I saw the same earlier on evaair.com. That's why I went on this and the UA board to check on others' experience on the matter. It looks like only BR Infinity MileageLands can take my miles this time.
Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
EVA Air Upgrade Award
The mileage record with cabin class upgrade is based on the purchased fare class and can be credited to the Infinity MileageLands membership account only. It is not applicable to transfer mileage to other partner airlines.
I have done "buy B-class BR ticket and upgrade with UA miles" twice this year. Once in late January. Once in March/April. So far, all miles were credited to my UA account, roughly a week after the flight. The flights were between SFO and TPE. I got 6455 miles posted to my UA account for each segment.

I saw the statement (EVA Air Upgrade Award) in January and had same concerns about having miles posted to BR account. I called BR. The answer is that if you use BR miles to upgrade, you can only credit the flights to BR account.

One warning about the upgrade is that it is hard to change dates/flights. For example, I was trying to change my flight from BR028 to BR018 on the same date. The agent in Taipei office said he had to downgrade me to economy and return the miles to UA. I would have to re-apply with UA miles to the new flight from United.com.

Last edited by sfo3388; May 8, 14 at 10:53 am