FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to UA Crew Rest Seats -- and do they get released for normal bookings?
Old May 8, 2014, 7:24 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravelBeat
The F/A crew rest seats on the 3-cabin B767-300 are sold as revenue Economy seats on flights where they aren't reserved for the cabin crew. So on domestic flights, and certain international routes, you may select them.

I *think* the flight attendants treat the seats as part of the Business Class cabin, so pax who are assigned to them on International segments where they're not needed will get the C-cabin treatment -- drinks, an amenity kit, International Business Class meal service. This is my understanding, but having never actually been in one of these seats, I could be flat out wrong.
You're partially right...

Domestically, UA will only offer the crew rest seats for assignment if the flight is full. (Unless something has changed in the last year...I was traveling with 3 coworkers--2 of us got upgraded, the other, I tried to get into one of the crew rest seats, but since the flight wasn't nearly full, it didn't work). But you are correct that at least domestically, they get the full J-class treatment--meal, drinks, etc. Couldn't tell you about the amenity kit on intl flights...But I actually think that point is moot.

But doesn't really matter these days anyway, as they don't schedule 3-cabin planes on domestic routes anymore.