FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Bloggers Starting to Run Out of Content
Old May 6, 2014, 6:17 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by 100orBust
Anyone notice how especially in the last month or two bloggers are starting to run out of content? Given that they've lost a good amount of CC affiliates and the lack of great opportunities (due to either being killed by too many in the pot or just lack in general), I believe the travel blogging business model is starting to reach maturity and we will see a decline shortly. Just today you can see prime examples- the best thing DP can come up with is talking about the 'improved' font on the delta page and his new CC with a chip, and the other highlights include detailing dumpings in Seattle.

It will be interesting to see a few years out who is still pumping out daily posts and trying to make a business out of it.
starting? And yet more bloggers continue being added. Though it's not just BA, but first2board and others in the miles/points blog world. I think the bubble will burst before too long.

I do actually like decent reviews of dining, activities, hotels, etc...at least, beyond reviews of the same worldwide chain hotels and such. A few of the BA blogs do well with that, though not most since that's not their aim. But perhaps they should consider broadening their horizons.

DP struggled with real content and quality writing even before losing several CCs to pump...fonts and AMEX chip aren't going to go very far!