FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old May 6, 2014, 4:33 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by haahwee
Need help on which Marriott property to choose for 2 nights in Bangkok, as part of my SE Asia honeymoon trip. As a Platinum member, I'm looking for the best benefits with good location to do sightseeing. I'll be booking using points, which are about the same for the JW, Ren, and Marriott. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Both the Ren and JW are terrific properties. You would be happy with either. The JW CL is spectacular. The Ren's is very good. The Ren has a slightly better location. You don't have to walk the filthy sidewalk under the overpass to get to the train. If it's raining, you can make it to the train barely having to be outside. The Ren rooms are, IMO, a little nicer, and people report getting more UGs at the Ren. As a Plat, I was on the CL floor, but in a regular room. As a PP, the Ren UGd me to a sweet suite.

All things being equal, I'd go with the Ren. But, again, both properties are awesome.

IMO, the FS is a little too far. But only a little.