FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old May 5, 2014, 5:37 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Just to be clear, can I apply for BRG if I book a room with a refundable rate, even though there is a lower non-refundable rate? For example, the lowest non-refundable rate is $100 and the lowest refundable rate is $110. If I book the $110 refundable rate and a 3rd party website has a refundable rate of $103, will this work?
I don't think so:

Book. Complete a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.” A “valid room booking” means a complete booking with an approved credit card.
To be extra sure, please check ALL other IHG websites in ALL other languages as well to make sure no lower rate is available -- at least when booking a Japanese hotel. The BRG team there will consistently tell you that your claim is denied because the lower rate you found is also available on a Japanese-only IHG website. Not logical and not consistent with the wording of the T&Cs, but since when has this stopped the BRG team?

HTB.