Old May 4, 14, 4:08 pm
FullTimeFlyer

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat 75/LTG
Originally Posted by imants View Post
So, Bing rewards has a new reward for miles/points. Per their website:
Redeem your credits and get 100 points/miles for your favorite frequent flyer, hotel or retail loyalty program. Participating programs include American Airlines AAdvantage®, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns®, Hawaiian Airlines® HawaiianMiles®, Icelandair Saga Club, IHG® Rewards Club, LifeMiles, My BestBuy™ Rewards, SVM FuelCircle, US Airways® Dividend Miles® and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
I don't have a membership with any of these programs. All of my miles are with United. My question is this: Which one of these programs do you guys think gives the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!
Given the (very) poor rate on conversion between programs, if there aren't any programs you're a member of you don't get many miles and you don't get the value of keeping accounts active either. Maybe you'd get a lot more bang from the buck by taking options that offer cash equivalent (like Amazon gift cards) and then pocketing the savings to pay for travel.

The value of the miles rewards they are offering (on a cents per mile basis) is way lower than the cash value of the rewards cards. I think they're trying to take advantage of us miles addicts by offering crappy equivalent values and figuring we won't care.

I'm amazingly over-dedicated to miles, but I'm passing on this one.

FTF