FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which hotel in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2014, 11:21 am
mcbg1
Suspended

Originally Posted by aster
If you have access to the lounge then the Pan Pacific would be sweet. You see that strange structure on top of the building? That used to be a restaurant. It's now been converted into a lounge.

I too would choose the Swissotel The Stamford due to its location, and the hotel is very good overall. Just make sure you go for a "Grand Room" which is basically a corner room that is HUGE - it's almost feels like you're in a mini-suite. Great bar at the top of the hotel too, with the best views in town (higher than the MBS). You have a shopping mall downstairs, two MRT lines at the station below (and one more line literally 30 yards from the building), and lots of places to go to in the vicinity both during the day and at night.
I've added the Swissotel to my list of options. I stayed at the Fairmont next to it and loved the location and the easy access to the mall and MRT under it. The pool was nice too. I don't plan on booking a room anywhere with club access because I want to eat my ... off at the many food courts in Singapore lol. No place in my belly for lounge food.