FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2014, 8:33 am
Murphy123

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have received this same message- also noting I will not any longer be able to login to my CIBC accounts after that date unless I have another card to link them to..... slick.
We received the mailing as well, so I called them. Originally, the CIBC Aerogold cards were to remain active until people "sold to TD" received their new cards. I was told this by people at CIBC and TD. I suspected otherwise.

I called TD (where we actually do bank) because we are leaving for NY on June 15 and if we have not received the new TD formerly CIBC Aerogold Visa cards we would not have a Visa card to use. Unacceptable. I asked in what order the new cards were being mailed out. I was told TD would be starting with Western Canada and ending with Ontario - naturally. My call was far from the first the dept. had received from people travelling during this window.

We will use our Amex Aeroplan but a couple of the stores where I buy food etc. do not accept Amex. Of course TD told me that we could use our First Class Travel Cards (of course they know we have them due to our all inclusive bank accounts) but I asked them to ignore those cards. Bottom line is if a person has one Amex and one Visa they could have an issue.

Next I was told that if we had to use the First Class Travel Cards that TD would manually calculate the points that would have been earned on the Aeroplan Visa and transfer them over. Not likely. Of course 2 of TDs credit card dept. staff told me that ALL! of the Aeroplan business was being sold to TD - that CIBC would not be keeping any of it. Another wonderful, useless talk with TD - our bank of 32 years.