FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clinic thread: Flight delays, cancellations, operational quirks and oddities
Old May 2, 14, 4:19 am
bgilbert

Programs: AP, TK*G
Originally Posted by TCX69 View Post
Be interesting to see your next reply on here. The BA98 is now on an indefinite delay!
Flight crew timed out. They had us boarded by about 0300 but the ground crew had some sort of issue loading bags/cargo, which delayed the departure enough to put the crew over time. They allowed locals (i.e., residents of Toronto) without checked baggage to deplane. The rest of us were served a hot meal on board while waiting for BA to sort out accommodation and transportation arrangements, which they did around 0430, at which time everyone disembarked, collected bags, and left.

I'd just like to point out that this BA98 flight crew and the BA ground staff were both excellent, communicating with us in a frank and honest manner. There were a couple of rude passengers (a few in every crowd) that were dealt with patiently and professionally. If it were me in that situation, I don't think I could have dealt with them so nicely.

Latest word they gave us is that after 10 hours' mandatory rest for the crew, the flight will operate today (May 2) as yesterday's BA98, making for a total of 4 YYZ-LHR flights today.

Speaking of rest... zzz