FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oh well, there go the surcharge-less BA tickets using US miles.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:48 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by runfit
To me, it is not about observing the code of silence, but TPG making the argument that he is doing this for his readers. The truth is, if that was true, he would have posted it when it started. He did not, which suggests that he just found out about it (even though he continues saying that it has been around a while). Everyone else had been keeping it under wraps to help keep it quiet. Once TPG blasted it out, everyone else needed to do it as well to make sure their own readers could get in on it before US Air shut it down.
Some of these things, in fact many of them, don't really need to be done to "help readers" because they're so obvious that if a person can't do some trial-and-error on their own, then too bad.

I mean, is it that much of a leap for anyone with minimal exposure to the FFP world, to think "Hmmm, I wonder what would happen with BA fuel surcharges on a US award right now?"...and, I know this is crazy but...try a dummy booking on their own to find out? It's not rocket science.

Really most of these things that become broadcast from the rooftops are pretty simple for anyone who wants to do some experimenting. And if they don't know that BA YQ is even an issue, or don't care to spend their own time experimenting, then that's their problem.

Instead some bloggers need clicks, need to keep up with the Joneses, and ingratiate themselves to readers and it becomes open-kimono time.