FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 am
rambo

Programs: BA, AA, United
Looks like we have a similar situation.

All my accounts are still working, Ink statement closed this weekend and the points posted. I transferred out just now.

Also the letter that they sent states that I have 90days to transfer the points out. Of course, I don't believe that and dont want to take a chance.

My United card closes in a few weeks. I hit the 25K spending, really curious to see if they post the 10K bonus.

We have a few similarities.
1. WM BP
2. Ramping up spending on cards ( my case United, you did Hyatt)
3. MS in staples/OM
4. Both self and SO accounts closed

So for folks that wants to keep relationship with chase, go easy on the above. YMMV.

Originally Posted by prestonv
Chase shut down all my & SO personal accounts on April 24. No notice or heads up. I have Ink Bold and Ink Plus that are still active as of today. When I called Chase, they were able to process payout for UR in my Freedom and points in Amazon account ($.01 per point) and will get me a check in 10 days (about $500).

I am still able to log into my accounts and was able to transfer the points in my wifes CSP and Freedom accounts to Hyatt and KE (100,000+ points). moved Freedom points to CSP then Hyatt and KE.

As a safety measure I transferred all my Ink UR points to Hyatt and KE. So, at this point, I have about 750 UR points over all accounts.

My activity: $40K on Hyatt card this year ... almost all CVS MS ... to get 10 stay credits. About $10K accross all other personal cards. I pay almost all my CC bills at WM ($2K at a time ... so lots of bill pay activity). $25K on 2 Ink cards whoich are still active and I will hit Staples MC offer this week 5X. I'm sure my Ink will be shut down shortly.

Not the end of the world ... I have a 3 year supply of points so will focus on AMEX GC with Fidelity Amex for 4% return. Also have Prestige card which gets me good deals for AA travel for business trips. Should be enough to pay for all other trip expenses .... so 3 years of luxury cost free travel for the next 3 years.

My plan is to wait 2 years then open a chase checking account at local branch and see if they will give me some CC (with sign-up bonus, of course).