FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Enterprise 'Compact Rental.' Potential for upgrade?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:15 am
PutterMcGavin

Heathrow Enterprise 'Compact Rental.' Potential for upgrade?

Hello,

Please bear with me as this is my first post! I tried searching as best I could but nothing seemed specific to Enterprise at Heathrow in particular; at least not in the past 5 years...

Long story short I will be traveling to the UK next month and have secured a "compact" rental through my company's travel program for a fortunately low $15/day. My question really is two fold...

1) I see Enterprise UK has 'Class C - Small' and 'Class D-Large' compacts. I'm going to assume they will try to put me in the former. Is there a current list of cars in that group? Preferably what someone has seen at LHR specifically. I'd prefer something sporty and I can drive a manual no problem, just curious what is in those groups.

2) Has anyone had any experience "paying up" to a better class for not much more? If anything I'd like to be in a nicer, small car not necessarily pay for just a larger one. I will be traveling in the country (Dartmoor) and I know the roads are not necessarily large car friendly. I wouldn't mind an A3, 1 series or something like that.

If you have any other recommendations please let me know! I've been with Enterprise for years but not sure that will have an sway in the UK. Looking forward to the trip! Thanks!