FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:04 am
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
This is the rsponse i received after writing to 1K voice:

Response came from [email protected]

Dear CDKing:

Thank you for contacting United Airlines.

We are aware of this problem, and that this could happen to your reservation.

If your MileagePlus award PNRs has being canceled by a guest-ID (not signed in) on united.com., and the space is canceled, our customers will receive an email from United.

Although the space is canceled, the eTicket remains active and the miles are not redeposited into the account.

If your reservation is cancelled by a guest-ID please contact our reservation department at 800-864-8331 for there assistance in reinstating your flights.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next United Airlines flights.

Regards,
I dont really care that the eticket remains active. Its still no different than if the miles were redeposited. Either way you have to be rebooked and space would be gone. If I wanted to fly with a product on par w/ a third world carriers premium cabin, I would have booked UA metal in the first place.

I dont think UA cares becasue their goal is obviously to keep as many people on their own metal as possible. Even if it means turning a blind eye to the issue at hand.

At least since i'm now on other airline metal is not so much an issue now for me.