FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:11 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by mabramovich
How was Dan responsible for shutting the phone lines down? Just posting too much?
If you were around for the whole fiasco, he basically posted some BRG instructions for one of the ICs in New York (I think), and shortly after the phone lines waits jumped from 10m to >3h.

About 1 week or so later, they shut off the phone lines. So I think we can 99% attribute the death of the BRG phoneline to dan and his irresponsible blogging.

I think the problem is that many blogs make the process way too easy. It would have been probably fine if he posted about how great of a deal BRGs are and gave suggestions on how to find them, but instead he posted step-by-step instructions for one particular price discrepancy. Sure, it's within his rights to do that, but he should have known that doing that would have had consequences (and he probably did know, but just didn't care because he wanted to attract traffic).

Last edited by no2chem; Apr 24, 2014 at 10:24 pm