FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A+ Rewards to Terminate November 1
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:21 am
Phoenixtinct

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nsx
Decision time is coming up for Standard Awards vs. Points:

1. If you have A+ credits you can convert them to Southwest Standard Awards through October or leave them in place for conversion to Rapid Rewards points.

2. Holders of Southwest points have until the end of October to convert points to Standard Awards. This decision, once made, will be final.

3. Holders of Southwest standard awards, including one-way awards, have until the end of October to convert them to AirTran credits, whence they will return as Rapid Rewards points.

I will be sad to see the end of Standard Awards. They don't suit every use, but they are a genuine bright spot for the Rapid Rewards program.
There is one more issue that needs to be addressed. This e-mail discusses what happens to A+ credits on November 2nd, however, I transfer those A+ credits as soon as earned to my Rapid Rewards account. So, what happens to the credits in the Rapid Rewards programs after November 2nd? Does the elimination of A+ affect those? If not, Standard Awards will still be around until those credits expire. Otherwise, Southwest might also decide - at some point - to convert any remaining credits in the RR programs to points as well but I haven't seen an announcement to that effect yet.