FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:16 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
It's conceptually simple, but I wouldn't expect UA (or any airline) to be able to implement it overnight. You're asking to create a whole new verification check on the website that never existed before. They also undoubtedly have some fairly extensive deployment process for pushing out new code to their servers. I expect they could do it, but it would take them weeks, not days.
+1.

I've worked on company intranet/internet sites before - not on the programing side, but on the content/management/QA side (working with the team that codes). Sounds easy, but takes time to code, test, QA, etc. And the sites I've worked on are much less complicated than UAs. While also hard to believe, I've also found through this experience that sometimes, the changes that sound more complicated are actually the easiest to implement, while the ones that sound the easiest can take the longest to implement.