FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business product: Emirates vs. Qatar Airways
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:50 pm
N1Rotate

I agree that the EK 777 seats are not flat. For me its not a bother as I sleep well in the sloped seats. EK fit 35 seats on the 77W in the same space that QR fit 24 seats.

My personal opinion on the EK/QR J class comparison on the 777:

Seat: QR - More room, full flat and no middle seat which is a big thing for me. Though on EK you get a wide body all the way from LCA.

Privacy: EK's seat is more private, which I like when I sleep

Cabin crew: I find the EK crew more personable and friendly usually. QR's crew can be robotic sometimes, but I think in J-class they are more proactive and service oriented than the EK crew.

IFE: Definitely EK for me. More choice and I find it easier to use and more responsive.

Catering: Food quality is about equal. QR is dine on demand and the service has a more premium feel. I prefer the snacks on EK compared to QR on the US flights, have never flown to MNL so don't know how the service is like.

Airport: I like the atmosphere in QR's premium lounge and I like the concept of no announcements. Both the EK and QR lounges can get overcrowded, though I like stretching my legs and explore DXB airport when the lounge is overcrowded.

Overall I think QR's product feels more premium and sophisticated, though its a matter of taste as there is certainly more (in my opinion tacky) bling on the EK aircraft. Personally I would pick EK based on their schedule. QR's LCA flights don't connect well with MNL.