FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business product: Emirates vs. Qatar Airways
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:23 pm
QatarA340

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by thisismejerome
Hi everyone! I'm flying from Larnaca (Cyprus) to Manila (Philippines) next month. Im spending my summer there because apparently summer here in Cyprus is way to hot than in the Philippines and my awesome parents told me i could fly in business class. Etihad was not in my choices anymore because of that virus spreading in Abu dhabi. So im torn between these two airline. I usually fly with gulf air but last year I tried Emirates economy (From Manila to Dubai) and got upgraded to business (From Dubai to Larnaca) and it was the best flying experience I had. I heard Qatar airways was good too. Could you please help me guys choose. Im not into food so it doesnt matter which airline serves the best food. This maybe the last time i would in business ( atleast for now since im still a student ) and i want to make sure this flying with either of the airline will be memorable and perfect. Thank you in advance! :*

Well, I would choose Qatar Aiways since it operates the big 777 to Manila. The 777 are configured 2-2-2 seats across and are a flat bed. The EK on the other hand are 2-3-2, you get an extra seat in the row, which means the seats are narrower. The seats do not get flat.

Plus, the new airport opens in May 31, so if your traveling by then, you will get to use the brand new airport!