FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:47 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by litesleeper
You can add me to the list of victims. Until I came across this thread I thought I was the only one. I had a trip to the Philippines that included Air China on the return. I received that same Chinese email confirming my cancellation, which of course I didn't do. I called UA right away, but they weren't able to do anything for me. the agent was very kind, and she looked for different options, but said no availability for reward travel anymore. She added that the cancellation came via the website, from the same place I booked the trip (my office). I paid the $200 to recredit the miles. I have asked United to waive the $200 but I'm not optimistic. I know I'm completely not understanding of human behavior, but why do some people have to mess with others' accounts? I just don't get it. sigh.
You shouldn't have paid the $200 and rather asked them to re-instate the ticket. Don't accept anything like this; make sure if they do this involuntarily that they note in the record. Small claims court might be your best avenue if corporate customer care doesn't take care of the situation.