FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA Arrivals from BA209
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:34 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OrchardTravel
Thank you - The buggy thing sounds interesting, do you travel through the airport much quicker by using these?

The rental car centre sounds like an adventure!
No, unless you are not very fit. The BA flight comes into (typically) E8, and the passports etc are underneath D. It's not a huge walk, so if you are fast you can outpace the buggy, not least because it may be kept back until some old dears have got themselves sorted. I'm in CW and generally get to the queue before the buggy arrives. It also makes no difference to your passage - if there's an issue with MIA arrivals it isn't down to the BA service, it will be the backlog from previous services. You may be lucky, or have Global Entry but I'd assume 2 hours and be happy if it's less.

On the other hand, the car rental companies I suspect are fully aware of the issues at MIA arrivals, and will work around it.