Old Apr 15, 14, 3:46 pm
jazzmailman

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I think you're confused about a few things:

1. Between North America and South America 2, 50,000 miles is the cost of a one-way SAAver award in Business Class, not a one-way AAnytime award in Coach.

2. AAnytime awards are only valid on AA flights. Redemptions on partner carriers can only be made at the SAAver level.

3. AAdvantage redemptions between North America and South America 2 do not permit connections via South America 1. If you have one flight number from LAX to LIM, and a different flight number from LIM to GRU, you must redeem for two awards.
Hi Guv1976! Thank you for the prompt response!

1) I meant to say SAAver award (20k off-peak one way), AA website also shows availability for 50k AAnytime awards (75k on certain days cuz of the tiers)

2) Thank you for clarifying only SAAver awards for partner flights.

3) Thank you for clarifying that. So realistically, I'd have to book an award ticket to LIM, then find a way to GRU myself? I'm guessing the award ticket to LIM would be at the SAAver level as well right (since it is SAAver award availability)? What about flights from LIM to GRU, can I also redeem that using AA miles (YES)?

Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by jazzmailman; Apr 15, 14 at 3:54 pm Reason: found the answer to 3)