FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking LATAM (LAN and TAM) award / flights using AA miles
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:12 pm
jazzmailman

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Booking LATAM (LAN and TAM) award / flights using AA miles

Hi All,

I'm planning a South America trip with a buddy (was originally going to use the Oneworld Explorer ticket, ouch!).

Anyway, I'm looking to fly to Sao Paulo, Brazil during Thanksgiving (so still in the off-peak season). Looking at the award tickets on AA.com, it seems that it requires 20k miles (requires me 1-2 connections) for off-peak tickets, and 50k for AAnytime (direct flight from LAX->GRU). I have searched a couple more days and find it to be the norm for direct flights to cost 50k.

Upon searching BA.com and AwardNexus, I can confirm that there is award availability from LAX->LIM (LAN), and LIM->GRU (TAM). So my question is, when I call AA, would they quote me for the off-peak price (20k) or the AAnytime price (50k) if i want to book those 2 LAN and TAM flights? Or this is more of a YMMV situation? I apologize in advance if this is a simple question, as this would be the first time for me to book with miles since devaluation.

Thanks!!!